OPTIMISM #14 - September 11, 2020Hello clients and friends,
Another great week. Many dark clouds in the media, but more positive stuff happening.
- September 1st. CFO Larry Froom bought $100,000 of H&R REIT.
- At Bank of Nova Scotia, Nacho Deschamps, group head of international banking, bought 3000 shares for $127,000 US$.
- At Tourmaline Oil, CEO and President Mike Rose bought 5000 more shares for $82,000 to bring his total to over 8.6 million shares.
- At Cineplex, Phyllis Yaffe, former chair of the board, purchased 22,200 shares for $209,000.
- Pascal Tremblay, a Director at Stingray (internet radio) bought 100,000 shares for $520,000.
I get all kinds of interesting dividend related emails but this one was particularly so.
- Canadian dividend payers and growers have averaged a little over 10% rate of return over the last 42 years; non-dividend payers? 0.4%.
- Dividend payers and growers out-perform non-dividend payers and dividend payers/growers are less volatile than non-payers:
Happy Friday. Have a great weekend!